Friday, May 11, 2007

Sex on the couch: The therapists who abuse their clients' trust

For a therapist, seducing a client is a wanton abuse of trust. Yet it's far from rare.
By Julia Stuart
Published: 08 May 2007

When Jo Adams was referred to the counsellor at her GP's surgery, she expected to be given help for her severe depression. But that was not all she received. During the six sessions, her counsellor paid her a number of suggestive compliments. In her desperately ill state, they gave her a boost. "They put me on a false high, even though I'm happily married," says the 35-year-old, who works in sales. "He made me laugh when I was suicidal. I felt I couldn't do without him and if he went out of my life I would go back to the hell of depression I had known."  continue...

No comments: